|Relax at Cool Breeze Campground This Week!!!!
Update on February 25 2013
- If your club is looking for a place to have a Rally in 2013, give me a call. Dates are
filling fast so call me at 1-866-342-0300
- Please take note of the road work on NC Hwy 89, coming up the mountain. They
are going to widen the curve and cut back the banks along the road. Should be a
big improvement but over the next year while work is being done just watch this
page or our Facebook page. If any detours or long delays are in effect I will do
what ever I can to let you or your club know.
- For those who travel on Highway 89 from Mt. Airy, here's information from
NCDOT you might find useful. Clearing of the trees has now begun on this project.
The actual completion date for this project is November 28, 2014 but the contractor
hopes to complete it sooner. The contractor has erected his work zone signs and has
installed the detour route; however, the detour signs are covered and will only be
utilized if absolutely necessary due to an unforeseen occurrence with the project. It
is our intent to have at least one lane open for the majority of this project. Traffic
will be maintained with the use of flaggers and a pilot vehicle and possibly
temporary traffic signals toward the end of the construction. We do not expect
very lengthy delays; however, motorists should be prepared for some delays
depending on the volume of traffic. Should an unexpected event occur that would
require a delay of 30 minutes or longer, then the detour route will be implemented
at that time. It is possible that the road will have to be closed for a couple of days
at the very end of construction to complete the “tie-ins” but we hope to avoid this if
possible. We will be placing a Changeable Message Sign (CMS) at the NC 89 and I-
77 interchange and also one near the City of Galax, VA to give notification well in
advance of the project. These CMS’s will have the message “NC 89 OPEN” unless the
road is closed and the detour route is implemented.
- Keep your ears open and watch this page for possibly a new campground from
Robert Sells just south of Winston Salem, North Carolina. Great club location and
Year round Camping
- Cool Breeze is now on facebook, join us and comment on your stay, find out about
special events, discounts and make sure you like us. Click the link to the left and go
to our facebook page now.
- The Third Annual Houston Fest in Galax will be on May 3 & 4 2013, This event
celebrates the life of Houston Caldwell, a great young banjo player that
unexpectedly transitioned to eternal life on April 30, 2010. This event will continue
the first weekend in May of each year, so don't miss it in 2013. Click on this link to
read more www.houstonfestgalax.com
- Make your Club reservations now for 2013, check the Club Page
- Join us on Friday nights, Downtown Galax at The Rex Theater for the Blue Ridge
Backroads Show, or on WBRF 98.1